• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Offshore fishing Cabo San Lucas

protiller

I'm looking for recommendations for a Charter Fishing Boat out of Cabo. We'll be there the third week of March. I've heard good things about Marlin Masters. Does anyone have experience with this operation, or any other companies?

I did. Someone ended up bumping the fishing in Cabo thread. I remembered reading it quite some time ago and couldn't find it. I think we're going to book with RedRum. They seem to be a pretty reputable charter. I think my wife's more excited than I...is that kosher? Anyhow, Traveler, thanks for double checking.

Redrums a good outfit. Have a great trip, and report back, eh? And it's great your wife is so into it...wish mine could handle the ocean.

Guys - All I am going to say is that we went with RedRum on the 23rd and I won't be back...

feetdown; please say a lot more:) We used Redrum for a small tournament in oct., and will be again this year. They treated us well, and everyone seemed to like them. Please give some detail on your trip; what you expected, what they delivered, etc...If they've gone downhill I'd love to know, plus, if you chose them on my recommendation and it didn't go well I don't want to keep suggesting them.

If any of you want to try light tackle fishing for Grouper, Snapper, Amberjack, Bonitas, Yellowfin.....I just got back on Friday. Went out with Gordo Banks Pangas and had a blast. Caught around 50 fish in about 6 hours and missed a bunch. Ask for Chame's boat.

Sounds like you had a good day BGP. We fished with them for a day in Oct and I was able to catch some small yellowfin on my spinning outfit, way fun! How did you do for tuna? Did you end up going out of CSL as well, or just with Gordo banks?

BGP, thanks for sharing, I have always thought about going out on a panga for a day while I am down there. Usually see about 20-30 boats in front of our hotel daily as I am shore fishing. Do you know whereabouts you were? We stay at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar.

I'm kicking myself for only going out one day. I will go back for sure. Cabo is a great area. Gordo Banks is out of San Jose Del Cabo. We left from the new Marina. Out the Marina and to the left (east I'm guessing) and fished in the Sea of Cortez. Maybe 1\2 mile offshore.

On a side note.....Sammy Hagar decided to come in and play at Cabo Wabo the first night we were there. What a treat.