• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peltier Report (2/17)

JBMasterAngler

Hit up peltier today. The wind picked up where it left yesterday. Wasn't too bad while the sun was out, but once it clouded up it got chilly. Marked lot's of fish but they weren't very active...had to change colors a few times before I finally got a bite (orange was the ticket). All the fish were 8 to 11 ft below the ice in 15 ft of water. Caught 2 little crappies, 1 nice sunny, and 1 nice fat perch. The wind buried my tip in snow, took me awhile to find and dig it out. crazy.gif

Peltier was relatively dead as far as fisherman go, while centerville looked like the state fair on ice! Is the action really that much hotter over there than on peltier?

Not exactly.. As far as size I had done better on peltier in the previous years. Last year peltier got hit very hard, while centerville looked naked. This year it's the other way around. Centerville is consistent for crappies n sunnies, some people are finding a walleye here and there, and there are alot of pike fairly shallow. Last year I fished centerville but never kept the crappies, they were all 7 to 8 inches. This year it's been a great bite and there are alot of small crapps but starting to seein a rise in size. I limited on all 9 to 10"s. Haven't been out for a couple weeks now, but find 15-16 FOW, euros and smaller crappies minnows (centermart right by the lake has perfect size minnows) and they will bite all night long.