Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gordie

deworming

5 posts in this topic

I just got a new pup today and its 8 weeks old tomarrow and it hasnt been dewormed I picked up dewormer and says how much to give but not how frequently there is three tablets and it takes one tablet per ten pounds of pup.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

by the way its a lab pup.

It hasn't been wormed yet or it needs its 8 week dose? When we have pups around they get treated at 2,3,4,6,8,and 10 weeks. If it hasn't been wormed yet go to the vet and get some Nemex-2 and give it a heavier dose than normal. I'm not sure what kind or where you got those tabs from but I personally don't trust the petco/wallyworld brands.

Then we do it once a month, year round. If you have other animals around in my opinion its a must. We just do it with their heart worm and tick preventative. Its cheaper to do preventive things than to haul a bag of feces to the vet a bunch of times to see if you got rid of the problem.

CW

thanks cw I'll return the tabs and go to the vet. the people I got the pup from didnt start any treatment. thanks again

I doesn't have to be Nemex, thats just the brand we have been using. I get a 16 oz bottle for about $60 online at revival animal, and that last us a long time.

CW

thanks again for the tip.