Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
POUNDPANNIES

LAKE ITASCA

7 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone has been out to Itasca lately? thinkin about heading up this weekend, looking for some bulls.Any other thoughts on some gills in the area, i know hattie you can get some nice gills never fished it though.i have a cabin on lake alice and during the open water season we get sum pigs but i will be [PoorWordUsage] if i can find them now.

I haven't been up that way but talked to a friend of mine that did get a few crappies in 30 fow.

I believe there are new regs. on the lake.( 5 crappies and 10 sunfish)

I am not positive on this, you mite want to check it out for sure.

thanks bob, sounds like the weather might be half way decent this weekend ,hopefully we can get something going.thanks for the heads up on the new regs, we would'nt keep more then a couple fish, but good to know. it will just be nice catching quality fish, instead of the numbers you get down here. thanks again bob, take care

p.s. how's travel on the area lakes?

Originally Posted By: POUNDPANNIES
thanks bob, sounds like the weather might be half way decent this weekend ,hopefully we can get something going.thanks for the heads up on the new regs, we would'nt keep more then a couple fish, but good to know. it will just be nice catching quality fish, instead of the numbers you get down here. thanks again bob, take care

p.s. how's travel on the area lakes?

There has been some drifting so be careful off trail and bring a shovel.

Sent me your current email address.

Poundpuppies, do you have an e-mail address?

thanks guys for the report on the regs and the snow they were both to be very true, just got back on monday fished really hard drilled probaly 200 holes looking for them dang sunfish, no luck! we did end up finding some jumbo perch on Itasca 15 inch pigs, did'nt keep any either, I could of probaly caught my limit but I had sunfish on the brain. I decided to try another lake in the area and ended up catching about 40 nice crappies 38 fow 5 off the bottem, these fish were so agrressive they would come up 3 feet as it was falling on the drop, It was a fun night kept 5 11-12 inchers. And as for the weather all I can say is AMAZING.

Probaly gonna plan a trip for March gonna the gills another shot.

If you guys want to email me any info on travel conditions on the lake or any ideas on where there them suckers are my email is justindreher@aol.com, thanks again guys, justin.

Hey just wondering about a few lakes down that way as I grew up just a little north of alice but shoot me an email essig 149 at hotmail dot com. I can probably give you a few lakes I know of for some gills also.