Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt fish repeat

Ice Fishing Contest

1 post in this topic

Only 1 week remains before the 4th Annual Bass Lake Ice Fishing Contest and I would like to extend a personal invitation to all forum users to attend. Unlike other large tournements such as the Forest Lake Contest, our contest is a 100% non-profit event planned, set-up and put on by all volunteers. The Somerset Youth Athletics Association or SYAA's main purpose is to improve the lives of area youth by providing positive opportunities thru youth athletics.

We will be awarding over $50,000 in prizes, this years grand prize is a 2008 Chevolet Silverado 4x4 pick up, and last year we had under 1000 participants. Our main sponsors are Gander Mountain, Marcum, Snosuit, Frabill, Wilcraft and more.

The contest date is February 23rd with registration begining at 9:00 a.m. and fishing starting at 12:00

This is a great family friendly contest with a seperate division for kids, The first and second place prizes for the youth division are Nintendo Wii game systems 3rd and 4th are apple Ipods.

All parking is right on the ice with no shuttle hassles to deal with. Concessions of food and beer wll be availabe on site and we deliver!

Bass Lake is just 8 miles East of Stillwater, Mn.

Grab the kids, grab the dog, grab your friends, grab your wife, grab your friends wife ;\) we dont care just show up.

For complete details please visit our website at bass lake contest Bass Lake Contest

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Thanks FishinCT, makes me feel a bit better.....

• fins_n'_feathers

Posted

Usually we skip the the river until later in the year but it was the cleanest water we found and the only place we caught any fish. Heading out now to give it another try.

• curt quesnell

Posted

Close to home is possible, try those places first?  I will be out this weekend (if this cold doesnt kill me first)  Better luck next time fins

• Ok so every year Try to get the guys from work on a fishing trip. Trying to decide on where to go we usually rent a cabin and run portables.

I am thinking Devils lake, LOW, or Red

Devils we would do the lodge ice house package because the deal is too good to mess with bringing a trailer and sled or wheelers with.

what would you choose and any other suggestions Leech or Vermillion?

• I plan on taking all my ice fishing equipment out of my shed this week I cant wait

• fins_n'_feathers

Posted

any  reports from today? we pounded through the washing machine waves all day and got nothing! Lead core,jigging, spinners haha! Ended up getting all our keepers within a mile of home when it was all over! Who else was out there? Am I the only one that did poor today?

• proguide

Posted

Cool nights and only a few warming hours each day have water temps coming down into the 50s this week.  This is actually pretty normal for the last week of September so there is nothing to odd here. 

The catfish have slowed down over the past few days with this cool off.  They are still around to catch.  They are hanging near structure, usually on the drop off to the channel right next to it.  They are also on the softer side of the current in holes.  It seems that longer sit times are in order this week to allow the fish to come out, find and decide to eat the bait.

Sucker seems to be the bait of choice right now.  Frogs just have not been getting any attention.

• leech~~

Posted

26 minutes ago, DANR said:

From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes.

Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :):)

• FishinCT

Posted

They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope

• gizmoguy

Posted

Go with steel. Contact Isle supply.

• PSU
      Thanks FishinCT, makes me feel a bit better.....
    • fins_n'_feathers
      Usually we skip the the river until later in the year but it was the cleanest water we found and the only place we caught any fish. Heading out now to give it another try.
    • curt quesnell
      Close to home is possible, try those places first?  I will be out this weekend (if this cold doesnt kill me first)  Better luck next time fins
    • ZachD
      Ok so every year Try to get the guys from work on a fishing trip. Trying to decide on where to go we usually rent a cabin and run portables. I am thinking Devils lake, LOW, or Red Devils we would do the lodge ice house package because the deal is too good to mess with bringing a trailer and sled or wheelers with.   what would you choose and any other suggestions Leech or Vermillion?
    • ZachD
      I plan on taking all my ice fishing equipment out of my shed this week I cant wait