Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGUIDE

Black Sturgeon Bay?

8 posts in this topic

I am trying to find Black Sturgeon Bay on my H2o GPS and Navionics chip and am not seeing it.

Can anyone tell me what it is near? I see Porters, Browns, Redgut, Spawn but no Black Sturgeon.

Any help is appreciated!

Chris

You mean the secret giant crappie hole!

Look between Crowrock and Hopkins Bay. It is also just west of the 502 Hwy to Dryden. The best part of the water which is where most head for, is over the bog and looks like a small lake attached to Black sturgeon. There is a bush road just before Black Sturgeon that gets you very close to the water.

R_D

U,

Just a little south and west of Porters Inlet you will find Crowrock Inlet. On the west end of Crowrock lies Black Stugeon.

Have fun,

Berng

Thanks! You Rainy guys are the BEST! I got a way point set. I can't believe I couldn't find it. Wasn't looking in that spot though.

Now let's keep it hush hush about the monster super black crappie hole! SSHHHHH!

HI U.G.,

MIGHT BE A GOOD HOLE, BUT PRETTY TOUGH RIGHT NOW, WRONG MONTH.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Thanks Fishmeister, my wife and I are planning a trip up around mid-March. Will that be a better time?

Uguide~

Not a bad time, but still the wrong time of the year. There is only about a 2week window if you are looking for a MONSTER. If u are looking for 14-15" fish. March u will pick up a few. But Tough to find a 16"+ Get ahold of me and i can set you on some fish for sure!

Thanks 16, I'll get ahold of you. Since 15.5" is my personal best, a 16+ r would be a great thing to hunt for. We're pretty content just getting a balance between staying safe, getting some fish to eat,getting some fish action and enjoying the scenery. Aside from that we would also like to put a couple slabbers on the wall.