Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thunder

Lotus Lake Report 2/15/08

2 posts in this topic

Hit Lotus last night from about 4pm-10pm. Pretty slow action. Managed a handful of 7-8" crappies (nothing worth keeping) and one good eater Walleye. Fished in about 12 fow just south of Carver Beach. Marked a few fish all night, but getting them to bite was tricky. I could get them to follow my jig someties up to 3' but couldn't quite get them to commit. Tried a few differnet colors/presentations...waxies, full crappie minnows, minnow heads and crappie nibbles.

Most crappies were had on a silver forage minnow tipped with a crappie minnow head. The Eye came on a white and pink moon glow jig with a fathead. I thought the fish would be a little more active last night with the front coming through. Perhaps today would be better with the warmer weather, but I can't make it out tonight, I don't think. Maybe Sunday night I can give it anothe try.

Went back again tonight (Sunday) and fished the north side...caught all the small sunnies a guy would want to catch and a handful of smaller crappies and that was it...