Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
striker2160

4 wheel drive truck?

2 posts in this topic

Have not been on mille lacs in two weeks then i could drive the truck with recent snow and wind do i need the wheeler

I was up this week and was glad I brought the wheeler. I saw a couple big trucks stuck in the snow. it's pretty hard packed snow and you can drive on most of it, then you'll suddenly break through. there's also a good amount of drifts. If you're careful, you should be fine, but bringing the wheeler is a very viable option!!! IMO

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SweetsFishing
      1-18-17 Fishing Report. The fishing on LOTW remains fairly consistent in the last week with several Walleyes and Saugers in the 12.5-16 inch range being brought up the holes mixed in with a few larger sized perch,pout and tullibees in the 30-33 feet of water range. Meanwhile,in the 16-20 feet of water range the bite remains fairly steady with both smaller and keeper sized walleye and saugers being caught. The bite in both depths seems to not really pick up until around 10 am most days and seems to almost slow down around 4 pm. Live fat heads have been the bait of choice using a plain red hook or a glow in the dark pink or gold gem-n-eye on a dead stick,jigging a minnow has been effective as well using clam jigs or a demon jigging spoon or charmer with glow in the dark pink,green or hammer gold being the colors of choice. Heading into the weekend with the warmer weather continuing to move in we remind you to please,check with a resort,outfitter or bait shop before venturing out on the big lake as the ice conditions may change daily. We hope to see everyone on beautiful Lake of the Woods very soon!
    • Dabignorski
      Wondering if anyone has been out on Christmas yet this year. Thinking about going this weekend and live a ways away. I know it is one of the later lakes to freeze up. Thanks in advance.
    • ANYFISH2
      It sounds like there definitely can be a worthwhile night bite.  The type of structure seems to dictate how good it can be. "Smaller" humps, or structure by itself seems to produce better then the breaklines along the numerous flats.  It seems "smaller" structure topping out 10 to 15 feet surrounded be deeper water is best.   Good luck, and report back.
    • eyeguy 54
      nephew was fishing a bobber and had another hole about 4 feet away. dropped the vex in and saw a mark and said, I'll get that crappie. Wham!  thought it was a northern. wrapped into his bobber line and had a great fight.  totally surprised when the perch popped up the hole. lol 
    • delcecchi
      Hey, I expressed what I have heard from the locals.   We have been summer folks for quite a while so get some access to the feelings of the locals, like our next door neighbors.      The Landing seems to have made a deliberate business decision to not target local folks but rather upscale tourists.   That is their privilege.    I choose not to patronize them.     As a guy I used to know at IBM said  "that's not the target market".  I am not the Landing's target market.      See you at the Crescent.   (or South Switch.)   (or the VFW in cook for burger night)    Lots of places to go if I want upscale.  Whistling Bird in Gilbert, several places in Ely, etc.