Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N7709K

Benelli nova rifled slug barrel

7 posts in this topic

This past Christmas I recived a nova 12 gauge. I would like to hunt deer with it this fall but i'm having trouble finding a slug barrel for it. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I have already checked midway, and cabelas.

Before you buy a slug barrel for it, have you tried shooting federal truballs through it? My nephew tried it with his nova smoothbore this fall and was pretty consistent out to 75 yards. If Midway doesn't have it, maybe try brownells or natchez. other than that, look up on the benelli website and see if they make a slug barrel for it, I am sure they do. Maybe wait until summer before looking at midway.

Brownells is the first place I look when I need something for my Benelli (or any other gun).

I checked brownells and benelli's website. The benelli site says they make one, but i can't find one.

I found one here at the local gun store. The price however is quite hefty, at 329.99 it is the same price as my gun.

N7709K, I shoot that exact set up and bought an Ithica Canalever barrel at GM for $140. I shoot Hornady SST slugs through it and have all 3 holes touching at 50 yards. I am very happy with it and have dropped 3 deer in their tracks. I feel very comfortable shooting out to 200 yards with it. Ithica makes a Nova model for Benelli so look for that specifically. Gander was the only place that had it in stock.

Thanks. I won't really have much money till summer though.