Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
federline

Strikemaster customer service is second to none

federline

Just another note about the great customer service at Strikemaster in Big Lake. Last night on the first pull out on the lake I ripped the recoil rope right out of my old Mag3000 3HP 10" chipper. When I took it apart out on the lake to re-thread and re-tie, I noticed the recoil spring was toast, not loading up.

So this AM, I went to SM HQ in Big Lake. They keep old refurb parts on a shelf behind the city desk by the front shop - and they had a full rebuilt recoil for my unit sitting right there. 5 minutes later, it was back in my hands, fixed. Always ready to pay for great service, I asked how much, and, like many here, was told no charge. He said they'll rebuild my dead recoil and fix another one for no charge when it walks in.

How cool is that! And how refreshing, this customer service stuff really isn't rocket science afterall. ;\)

Paul

I can add to this. I bought a stike lite 4 stroke last season and this year the Auger broke. Since they are made of a hard plastic I am not sure how it broke or when exactally but I called SM and they just shipped me one free of charge after I shipped the old one back. I live in Moorhead, they sent me a call tag, to send it back at their expense and I placed it on the UPS truck on Tuesday, had it back at friday. New blades, new cover everything.

I was most impressed.

sticknstring

Agreed - Outstanding customer service. Were ya able to flag someone down from the villages and get a hole drilled? I spose your spot would've been in jeopardy... cool.gif

federline

Originally Posted By: sticknstring
Were ya able to flag someone down from the villages and get a hole drilled? I spose your spot would've been in jeopardy... cool.gif

Heh! There was no one nearby, although someone spooky gave me a close drive-by staring at me... I was luckily (or unluckily really) just to be out there to relocate the shack, and I was getting ready to drill holes to find the precise location to place it. So I placed my faith in the SM gods that I'd be rockin' again today. Thanks to SM, I can give 'er another whirl tonight. ;\)

All I can say is, when that cord broke, I had the shakes just like when FM was down for a day. grin.gif

setterguy

Sole reason I will be a customer for life. Better products may come along, but they have always treated me like their best customer.

anyfishwilldo

Originally Posted By: setterguy
Sole reason I will be a customer for life. Better products may come along, but they have always treated me like their best customer.

I feel the exact same way.

H20fowlr

I have an old Magnum III and they treated me like I was a their best customer as well!

While I was in there a guy brought in a 5 yr old Auger that the broke a gear in the transmission. They fixed it with a used part, said that should never break, have a nice day @ no charge.

While I don't expect them to do things for free, They are reasonable and seem to focus on giving you a "Wow" everytime you are there!

Nils may be argualbly a better product, Jiffy may be faster, others may be cheaper, but it will take a lot for me not to recommend Strikemaster to anyone who asks(or even doesn't ask for that matter!). I definetely won't be buying anything else!