Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lenny40

Mille Lacs

13 posts in this topic

Looking to take a couple of kids Ice fishing to Mille Lacs this weekend anyone have suggestions for the best action??

Thanks

Lenny

Try the Mille Lacs forum, you'll find loads of information there. Hope you and the kids bang em up.

My advice is to not take the kids to Mille Lacs as the action is few and far between, unless they can have fun ice skating or something else on the ice. The only action last weekend was a few jumbos in 27 FOW after bouncing the small jig off the bottom. There are a ton of Perch around just no takers.

Save your gas money and go to a lake by Hutch! Mille Lacs has been slow this year.

Thanks I will check it out!!

Was going to take a couple of kids to Mille Lacs but sounds poor!! Anybody been up on Gull Lake (Nisswa)?? Any advice here??

Thanks

Looking for fish

Lenny

I have to agree. Fishing Mille Lacs aint for the kids. There is several lakes in central mn where you can find some panfish. Or if you want catfish try the chain of lakes in the Cold Spring Richmond area they are a blast to catch through the ice. Just a thought. There is also decent panfish angling on the chain.

Thanks for the advice!!

Lenny

take em' to the south side and put a tip up down and pound the pike... small suckers.... small red hooks... on red power prO snells... and if that doesnt work try the perch in 25-30 feet of water just outside of hennepin state park..... and if that doesnt work try malone island.... andc the trenches of islebay at night and sunset and sunriSe for walleyes.... "EXPERIMENT!!!!"

Thanks for the advice should be nice day

Lenny

yea, stay south. I'm on the north end off barnicals flatt and it has been the slowest year for me on the north end. Doe island has been producing small slot fish in about 14' to 18' of water.

Thanks I was going to start in that area move out from there.

I will post next week if I do any good.

Lenny

One more question can you get around by truck or is there to much snow??