Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
martymoose

snowmobiling

9 posts in this topic

forgot to ask hows the lake for sledding now

Big hard drifts with a sharp edge on the SE sides.

Originally Posted By: martymoose
forgot to ask hows the lake for sledding now

Like Kelly said great if you are heading South East, fairly tough in any other direction.

Up down over stick the skis in a drift dig out, up down over stick the skis in a drift dig out over and over again. Some poor soul yesterday stopped and talked and was hating life, said his arms where sore after the ride and was scared to look in his portable.

Jonny, the only thing to remember is "When in dought, throttle it out!!" Then you won't get stuck. The fish house might take a beating though.

So what is the best way to get around, Can you drive around off the road with the truck or how about the fourwheeler. What is the best way to get around these days?

i would bring a sled 4 wheeler wont get you no where.after the high wind they had.you still can get around with a truck.just gotta watch for the big and deep snow drifts.

so is it possible to drive off the roads with a truck and get around without too much trouble?

good luck with the truck. bring a sled and just run respectively, don't let these guys scare you. it's like sledding out in the middle of nowhere anywhere esle in the state during the cold, wicked, dead of winter!!! take your time and use your head before making a decision up there. good luck fishin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks minimite for the honest reply I really appreciate it. Looks like i'll bring a sled then.