Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bothun

Fish Lake, SD

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone been out there fishing recently?

I'm thinking of heading out there either saturday or sunday and try for some perch and pike.

I havnt been out there myself yet im still chasing walleye but i have a bunch of buddies that have been doing pretty darn good out there as far as perch go... last time i talked to someone about it was a few days ago now

I have also herd just recently that the perch bite is good right now

I was out there last Saturday and we didnt do very good, but we were unable to move due to the high wind and severe cold. We did pull up two pike and I htink if a person went out there armed with smelt as I plan on doing Friday they will do well for pike. I will report back if I get the chance.

I've heard a lot about this lake, I guess they had a pretty good bite out there earlier this winter. I'm in Brookings right now going to school. Which direction is it from here? Any info. would be great. Thanks.

Almost straight south of lake cochrane. about 5-6 miles if im correct. i havent been there for a year or two so forgive if the distance is off.

from Brookings.....go to White SD at the flash light on hwy 30....turn left and go into white and keep goin straight on out of town....then you will come into Toronto SD then go East(right turn) all the way till you hit MN Border...well turn back north about 1 mile from the border or less you should see a sign then...stick on that gravel road and it will bring u there about.....2 miles down the road turn left and then another right,.....you will see public acess signs

I was out there today. Fished in the middle and didnt get anything then moved towards the aerator for the last hour and caught three.

Some of the people on that lake disgust me. There is trash all over the ice and my drive from the middle of the lake to the shore i had seen 11 northerns caught and left on the ice to die. What a shame.

They have been leaving those northerns all winter out there. We saw 5 or 6 northerns on the ice When I was up there too. I thought that was illegal to do in the first place. It's fun to hook into those northerns when perch fishing.

I fish that lake quite often and it makes me sick that people do that all of the time. Do they think they are going to get rid of them all by throwing them out. It's just really sad, but on a lighter note, I plan on putting in some serious time out there this weekend because last year we nailed em in March. I will report back

I plan on spending all day friday out there.

I went out on sunday in the middle with no luck then moved to the aerator and picked up a few. I'm hoping not everyone is out there friday till late afternoon.