Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalleyeMike

Lake Lida fishing Derby

23 posts in this topic

I heard the derby was postponed until this weekend(2/16/08). Can anyone validate that for me. I am planning on doing some fishing in the area. I wanted to get to it last weekend, but plans didn't happen.

If it's happening what time does it start?

Thanks

I have post on the same thing under a post for Lida dated 2/8/08....Nobody has responded yet...

Maybe we'll get a reply.. Was asking the time/location on Lida

& price for entry..

PS---I'm new too....

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on.."

Check out the posting in this forum tittled, Pelican JC's Fishing derby. It has the info listed.....and welcome to fishingMN.

Take care

Cliffy

any idea what time it starts?

The derby runs from 11:00-3:00 10.00 per ticket covers entry fee & puts you in for raffle prizes.

Where can I get a ticket?

You can get a ticket the day of the tourney at the access, or you can go to various retailers in Pelican Rapids and get them. I know for a fact Cenex has them. I am sure Southtown has them as well.

Any area baitshop Brennas,Lakeland Store or on the ice.

Thanks for the info guys...Hopefully will make it there (and

maybe catch a fish this time..) Hopefully it will be as nice as predicted for Saturday..

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on.."

Back when they had this on a Sunday. It used to be a major party. One year I had to teach my cousin how to drive a stick on the ice so she could take me home.

Is it still that way? I have never fished it but I am going to this year. Are they pretty relaxed out there?

According to Daily Journal...

1-4 p.m. Fishing Derby, Lake Lida, Pelican Rapids. The Pelican Rapids Jaycees are sponsoring an ice-fishing derby. Bait for fishing will be available on the ice as well as refreshments for participants and onlookers. Participants are asked to enter from the north public access. -

So which is it, 11 or 1 start time??

Originally Posted By: Just2fish

So which is it, 11 or 1 start time??

I just heard on the DL radio station this morning that it starts at 11:00 am.

Are portables allowed??

Excellent! thanks! I am very excited...I haven't been out fishing for 2 weeks...its time to hit it hard again! Who all is going to the derby? I will be on a blue Polaris Sportsman 400 pulling a trailer, setting up a Clam 2000. Hope to see some of you guys there!

I'll be there. Driving a White Durango with a Yukon Portable. Good luck guys

I think you answered my question... Thanks guys..

Will have a Otter II portable. Don't know if it will be needed

since Intellecast is predicting 31 for a high on Saturday, now.

I will be there purple Ranger white topper pulling trailer with the Voyager & the Indy. I caught a nice northern on the west side of this area in Jan so I think I will set up in that area again.I released this fish so mabey he will come back.

I think I am going to venture out as well... wife is coming back to town after leaving me with the kiddies for 5 days. In my book, that means I have deserved a break... in her book, it may mean that we finally get to spend time together again crazy.gif If you see a white tahoe out there... she is the lovely bride I fell in love with and continue to love... if I or the tahoe are not out there... horomones (hers) got the best of me again grin.gif

I'll be there. White Chevy and my buddy has a blue Clam 2000 also, I believe.

Originally Posted By: Anylakeanytime
I think I am going to venture out as well... wife is coming back to town after leaving me with the kiddies for 5 days. In my book, that means I have deserved a break... in her book, it may mean that we finally get to spend time together again crazy.gif If you see a white tahoe out there... she is the lovely bride I fell in love with and continue to love... if I or the tahoe are not out there... horomones (hers) got the best of me again grin.gif

That sounds like a win/win situation there man. ;\)

I am in... one problem though... no auger (long story). Do I have any volunteers to drill me some holes.

Eyehunter win win is a great call. I hope it didn't sound the wrong way.