Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craig Plummer

Bald Eagle Bite

7 posts in this topic

Hows the crappie bite been lately? I am going out there this coming saturday with a friend neither of us have fished the lake before but we want to get into some catch and release crappies. Any hot baits or colors? Depths?

I originally posted this in the East Central Forum but realized Bald Eagle is more of a Metro Lake.

I've got a couple deeper pockets marked on my GPS that I plan on hitting but any additional advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Craig P

94 people looked at this in the metro forum and not one person has anything they can tell me about Bald Eagle?

I

Im from up north Craig but was on the lake last Friday. My son lives in Cottag Grove and fishes it alot. My feeling is the pan fish are very small!! Thats because of all the people that fish the metro lakes. You could do just fine by staying on the outside of the all the houses. WEATHER LOOKS NICE FOR THE WEEKEND, SO GOOD lUCK!!

all the 7" crappies that you want, pretty dark water so use something that glows. right now look in 18 to 30 fow.

Moved from just north of the island to south of it about 1/4 mile. There's a drop from 16 ft to 30 ft. We set in 29 and caught all the small crappies you want during the day 3pm up to 8pm. They were suspended 10 ft off the bottom. Hitting everything, minnnows, larve, and small scented plastics. Will is correct, use something that glows, pink was working the best. Good luck !

Ok thanks guys that's what I was looking for...