Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soul_Patrol

Big thanks to Chad Benson

7 posts in this topic

A group of 8 of us where up last weekend for our 1st trip to Red. Chad was a great guide, he put us on the fish and even rescued us from a 5 foot drift on Saturday. That weather was something else, I have never seen anything like that before. We will definatly be back next near. I would highly recomend him to anyone looking for great experience on Red.

I second that, thanks Chad we had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There where 3 of the greenest fisherman you have ever met that came with and all three had fish with in the first hour they where there. Then even with the cold and wind everyone had a great time. Thanks and I would recomend Chad to my mother! I will try and write a report later this week. The hot luers where demons, glow and pink, green, or purple. Also a orange and black with silver back demon worked well too. Some hit it one the way by and some needed you to raise it up and drop it and then they would hit it on the down. Good luck!

If you don't mind I'd like to thank Chad in your post also.

We did fair on Friday night and Chad offered to move the house on Saturday afternoon (ohh so cold)a little closer to the rough ice I asked about on Friday and that was all it took. Between the three of us we caught and released 32 walleyes over 19" with the largest one being 28". We also brought our 2 each home in the 16-16.5 range. We jigged just about anything to get them in and they hit the deadsticks everytime. What fun it was.

I think that was you guys stuck with the trailer... I was warming the truck up to come have a look when Chad pulled up.

I might make it up one more time... Thanks

Man, you guys are killing me! I'll be heading up there on Sunday to stay in one of Chad's houses with my son and his buddy for their first trip to Red. They've been counting the days for a month, and now reading reports like yours, any thoughts of school work has gone right out the window.

Sorry about that. Tell them if they don't get it done they will be bringing it with them... That will get it done.

Have fun and good luck to you guys.

That was us stuck out there. We got off the lake fine, to fill up the diesel so we could let it run for the rest of the weekend, but 30min later coming back on was different story. We were hammering through drifts 3-4 feet for a mile or two until we could not make the turn there. It was a total whiteout.If we didnt have our H20 we would have never known wich way to go. We had to unhook the trailer and get it in the morning. It was a blast.

Another thumbs up for Chad on Red. Not only did he get our stuck truck and trailer out but I think he enjoyed helping! Can't wait till next years trip!!!