Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grandpa Ray

new license

16 posts in this topic

what is the deal with renewing license this year ? do they still expire in feb ? i heard that they were supposed to be good till May. input please

Mine says it expires in Feb so im gonna go by that, dont want to get a nice fine for fishing with out a license.

There's a thread about this topic in the Open Water forum thats a bit more advanced, even though as of right now people still don't really know for sure the ending date from what I understand.

that would be pretty sweet if indeed true, might have to email DNR and ask for verification

That would be nice, but my license says expires Februray 29, 2008 so I'll be renewing it right away in March. It may be different on mine because it's a Sportsmans license though.

Quote:
That would be nice, but my license says expires Februray 29, 2008 so I'll be renewing it right away in March. It may be different on mine because it's a Sportsmans license though.

Everyone's license says it expires Feb 29th because the change was only made 2 months ago or so. I talked to a CO on the ice and he confirmed the new April 30th date.

Flowagetamer- just click on the link I put in. It will take you the the DNR website so you can verify it...

Even though the 2007 license says Feb. 29, It is valid until April 30th, 2008. This is a new law that came out since your license was printed out.

cool, good enough for me

thanks i might not have found this out until it was too late. kind of like when i bought a shelter license last spring and it is pointless to me this winter.

Originally Posted By: murfdog13
thanks i might not have found this out until it was too late. kind of like when i bought a shelter license last spring and it is pointless to me this winter.

Same thing here.

straydog whats it like in spring lake? any fish cooperating? should hook up some day when i get up there. another question for you. what do you know about the jessie lake watershed assoc.?

Glenn,

I was out on some small lakes last week and did well on the pan fish, Bowstring has been real slow for me. Went back to one of the lakes that I did good on yesterday, and did not catch hardly anything. See what the snow does tonight, with the wind last week snow is starting to drift pretty deep along the shore lines. I know nothing about jessie lake watershed, Why?

just curous, we get there newsletter so i wrote them a letter about the weeds in our lake. they seem to be only concerned about jessie lake for the most part. i was kind of trying to find out more info from other residents up there about the gruop.

I know the access road to your lake is a bunch of [PoorWordUsage] with what seems like no maintence.

isnt that a fact. helps keep people away, not that fishing is all that good. to many small fish. talked to the road grater man at the spring lake store last summer and asked why that wasnt getting taken care of and he told me he really didnt know other than the dnr i believe it was told them to quite taking care of it.