Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jkelly1311

Tofte Lake??

16 posts in this topic

Never fished tofte. Thinking about heading up there next weekend. Any info would be greatly appreciated. How deep are they fishing? What are they using? Can you drive around the lake? How much snow? Thanks in advance...

I haven't seen anyone driving trucks out on the lake. The landing wasn't plowed all the way down to the lake when I was there three weeks ago.

As far as depths go, people are fishing from 10' and deeper.

10 feet? That shallow? I understand there is splake and rainbows correct? Well at least that is what I'll be targeting. What lures/baits work best? Tipups worth my while?

Fished tofte right after the bash-5 to 12 ft of water. We used small jigging spoons with a piece of brined minnow or waxie and alot of shakin. Good luck.

Many are fishing in 6-10 feet.

If you come to Ely, stop in the shop and I can show you a few places on Tofte that may be of interest to fish.

I had a permit to trap minnows there for quite a few years and am quite familiar with the structure of the lake.

Great Outdoors-

I will for sure stop in. What is the name of your shop? How is fishing up there "typically" middle of Feb.?

JKelly1311,

Shop name is the same as the poster name.

As far as mid February angling, weather conditions basically dictate what it will be.

Good weather-lots of people fishing, so fish are being caught.

Crummy weather-no one fishing, so no fish being caught.

Fish are like women.

Just when you think you have them figured out, they do a 180 on you! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Now I'll wait for the barrage of hate mail after that statement!! \:D\:D\:D

Fish the south shore around the point. Theres I shelf all the way down the shoreline. I usally cut a 200 yard chunk of ice out with the chainsaw and troll cowbells with the 4 wheeler. hahahaha J/K. It would probally work out pretty good.

Now theres some advice! HOw bout you meat me there and cut that hole because my chainsaw blade is real dull? \:\)

Sharpen the saw up. U bring da beer i'll bring da gas. Hopefully the law won't get mad when we're going crazy with the chainsaws on tofte.

If Highway2Allstar cuts that big of a hole I will bring a canoe full of beer, at least we won't get a DUI in a motor boat when the law does show up.

There is, however, the possibility of being cited for public drunkeness. grin.gifgrin.gif

Welcome, mbrown, great to see you here! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Could Tofte really be considered "public"?

Tofte isn't public. Some people use it as a public dump in the summer. Pick up after yourselfs! Tofte isn't as messy as b-dub, or quectico campsites. Those tree-hugger types litter all over the place and ruin my beautiful wilderness experience lol.

A canoe full of beer? Ill hold you to that Mbrown! I know where you live!

Jkelly, I refuse to waste limited canoe space on keystone light!