Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pikeslayer

Fishing Contest on Longear Lake in Chisholm MN.

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on when this is happenning and who is going!

Hey pike slayer call luky 7 bait shop in vir they have a flyer.

Saturday, February 16th. 8 am to 10 am registration, 10 am to 2 pm fishing contest. 2:30 pm prize drawing

$10 per hole($5 under 18) DNR fishing regulations apply

Shelters Allowed

For event information call (218) 254-7931 or (218) 996-1856

Hope this helps you out Pike, and good luck if you fish it!

FatMike

Thanks FatMike! Thats the info I was looking for!

that lake has walleye,big pike,crappie.so far on the north side of the lake where the fishing contest is ppl have been getting some nice crappies.there is a hole out there thats about 20 ft.the rest of lake is about 10 to 16 ft.

Pikeslayer,

Have a good time at this event. I believe I met you last year after the contest in Chisholm. I wish I could make it up there this year but I have to work that day. Good luck and I hope you win big!!!!

BD110 Yes I remember meeting you,its to bad you gotta work but thats part of life.Im hopeing I can bring my grandkids to the contest,if they can catch a fish the smile on there faces is worth more than any prize they will be giveing away at the contest!

Anyone fish the this today? I was wondering how everyone did, and what won the contest.

FatMike

There was around 60 fish caught with the largest being a 5 lb Northern. There were a mix of Northern, Crappies, Perch, and Walleyes caught.

Big Herm

Thanks for the info.

J.P., DID YOU GET OUT THERE FOR THE BIG FISH OUTING OR JUST END UP AT KOSCHAK'S?

I checked out an article about the contest on the hibbing daily tribune site and it said a father son duo won the contest with a 10 lb. 6 oz. northern. Just a bit larger than 5 lbs.

Thats odd, I was with the guy who caught the biggest fish and took home the $200 and it was I believe 5lbs 6oz. Where did you see that article?

SFBOY -

Fully intended to go but had to go to a funeral instead. Are ya coming up soon? Lost your e-mail address.

jpolcher at q dot com

Sorry about the confusion Big Herm. I was looking at an old article. Congratulations!

i was hoping to get up there soon. i was thinking about this weekend but then i ended up having to go on a date with Gina to some fancy restaraunt. i will be up there for sure on the 13th of March. i want to get out and do some fishing for crappies and bluegills. hoping the weather will cooperate and i will be able to get out on some spots with relative ease and be able to just hole hop without having to put up the shack.

i bought one of the eskimo III pop ups things and it's great. best shack that i have owned. maybe we will run into you then. i noticed P is back; i got an email from him today. hope he likes the new frying pan that he flew to San Fancisco to find.