Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaelpettersen82

Driving on martin lake......

9 posts in this topic

Are there any spots to worry about when driving on martin?Has anyone been out there driving yet? I will be going out of the public access and would like to get to the other side of the lake, anyone with any response thank you very much.Also how is the bite out there?

There is an aerator in the small bay just left of the access. I heard they are going to turn it on soon.

We have caught some small crappies over by the dam.....nothing of size and no keepers. Haven't hit any eye's, but only been out a couple times for 4 or so hours.

Yes, people are driving out there. Don't drive next to the dam....thats about the only place to worry about on Martin that I am aware of. You will usually see a little bit of open water over there. We walk on from that location...but no full size vehicles. My parent live on the north side of the lake.

I wasn't aware of the aerator.....good to know. Although I don't fish that area much.

I don't think there's an aerator in that lake. There is moving water by the access though. I believe the little creek that hooks to Linwood and Island either leave there or comes in there.

I didn't think there was an aerator either....but I would have to call my parents to double check.

The public boat access is on the South end of the lake. You can park and walk on to the east side of the lake by the dam (little creek) that goes under the road. There is a dam there for the water leaving the lake.

Nope, there is moving water in the little bay by the access. Of course, it might not be moving much right now. But, I have seen a couple years where the creek coming in there makes it a little wet. Not anything that would prevent you from accessing the lake though.

Thanks for the info.....looks like there is a creek that comes in there. Never noticed that before. I was also not aware of the aerator...good to know.

Yep. Thanks BB. That's good to know.