• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Marion

kingspade651

Went out to marion yesterday and fished to the left of the boat launch and out across the lake to the right where the group of shacks are. Managed a ton of little sunnies a bunch of little perch and a 7in walleye. Heard of decent eater crappies comin outta here wouldnt mind gettin some. Where people fishin and how deep?

ive had my best luck with crappies this year in 22FOW all the walleyes ive caught have been a little shallower in about 18-20FOW how deep were you fishing?

Got my house out near the bar in 18fow and have done well on crappies up until about a week ago, only caught one walter about 7 inches for the year, movin' the house tommorrow back in front of the ramp for the last days of pike season

Have you caught any crappies out in front of the access i heard some people have been catching a few here and there in the evening

Quote:
Have you caught any crappies out in front of the access i heard some people have been catching a few here and there in the evening

During early ice I caught some out in front of the launch at night. No size to them.

I havent fished crappies in front of the boat ramp this year but i had a camera down the hole yesterday from 3:00pm till dark and i never saw a crappie, but a pile of dinky sunnies. I picked up a couple of nice pike close to sunset with tip-ups and shiners

Originally Posted By: Lubey
Where did you find the shiners?

baitshop thats is south of the river, they had about a gallon of em' and the guy said thats all they will get for the rest of the ice season. call around, you'll find em'. wish i could tell you more.

no thats fine i was just wondering if a baitshop like the lakeville gnader got them somehow

Went out to marion tonight fished in about 18fow caught about 15 crappies all around 8 inches

yeah thats how its pretty much been all year although eight inches is bigger than what ive found out there good job

I was sitting on the edge of a ridge, like 20ft away from me it was about 10ft and i was on about 18-20fow. Missed a ton of bites. Nothing huge, but i could make a decent meal out of some 8inchers if i kept some. Headin out today around 330 if it doesnt get too cold b4 then

Kinda makes me wonder if next years crappie class will be a good one or if the crappies have always been that size there

You hope that they continue to grow so that eventually there will be some crappies out there worth talking about. There seems to be a few lakes down that direction that are loaded with small crappies. Marion, Crystal and another lake that will remain nameless at present since it hasnt been mention on this forum. You just hope that these huge schools of small ones grow up and become decent ones.

during the first week we had the house out on marion around mid december we had a few nights where we pulled up quite a few 10 to 12 inchers that was only for a few days and we never limited out but after that it was dead for us so now we moved to waconia and 2nite the 17th we came back with 15 sunnies all within 9 to 10 and one 10 inch crappie