Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

Bite picking up???

31 posts in this topic

The bite has started to pick up a bit \:D

Tony Roach was out today with a couple of guys and as he usually does, he works very hard by drilling a ton of holes and hopping around to find fish......looks like to really payed off for these guys with a creel of REALLY nice perch!!

Here are pictures from Tony Roach's trip today.

PP1.JPG

PP2.JPG

PP3.JPG

PP4.JPG

NICE!! Were they playin' in the mud?

Right on the edge.

Thanks I will see you this weekend. Is it alright if i bring my friend Nasty f-----ing cold front with me? hahaha

You can leave him behind. That would not be a problem!!

Nice Jumbos.

Those 2 at the last picture are REAL Sows.

Might have to come on up there again soon.

btw, Nice title there Pirate. \:D

Indeed. A couple fat females, gravid with eggs no doubt.

That's good to see!! Nice work.

AAAAhh......... the bonus of fishing. CATCHING

Nice! It looks like all the hard work you folks do is finally paying off.

P.S.

Paul, Thanx for the updated reports over the winter

Originally Posted By: Paul Waldowski
The bite has started to pick up a bit \:D

Nice perchies! \:\) Where's Walter, still missing? \:\(

Paul

Did Tony say what they were catching the perch on??? I'll be up in a few days and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Small Jigging spoons with Minnow heads.

paul i will see u next sat will be on the ice over night hope their still biting

gee if you take out all those fish full of eggs do you think the perch will ever recover? ha ha

It is picking up! Think small!

I got to meet Tony and stay at Appeldroons this past weekend. Very nice guy and great place to stay.

I found the Jumbos and I didnt have to holehop. Best jumbo fishing I ever had. No bull! You just got to put your time in and every so often, get lucky. Me, I am sticking to Millacs. Best water in the state!

son of a.....I was a week early. We did the same thing, bounced around between the mud and the rock on Feb 1 and got nothing. Glad to see there are some fish in that big lake.

We also did well with Tony last week. Another trip planned for the upcoming weekend.

Harvey- were you guys closer to shore or more out on the gravel and mud? I tried the rock to gravel/sand transitions earlier this year and did not have the best of luck. Not looking to get your spots, but would like to know what bottom types/FOW you guys were finding success. THanks

My friend has been getting walleyes every trip to his wheelhouse the last month. Almost all between 23-28". This last trip up last thursday through sunday the jumbos showed up as well as a couple eater walleyes. He is on neither rock nor mud nor gravel.

thanks for the helpful post! is he on sand or a log bed or an old cadillac? and how deep of water? 3 or 30 ft?

Are there any nice pike in the weeds?

6' in the flooded timber.