Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pyrex

"I'm coming Elizabeth!!"

13 posts in this topic

Ok, many of you might not bet the Sanford and son reference, but I'm wondering if the crappies are still biting on Elizabeth. I'm planning on goin out this weekend and wondering if there is any reports.

I was thinking the same thing. Anybody getting fish out there? Have not fished around here in awhile. Fished LOW earlier in the week out of Randalls. Not too bad, but would like to fish closer to home. A lot of houses out there a month ago when I went out on Ella.

Heard the bites are still far and few between, but if you move around a bit you should find some fish.

Its going to be a cold weekend, good luck!

I have my house out there. Probably going to pull it off tomarrow or Saturday. Lots of people out there....

Thanx alot guys I'll let u know how I did

Went out Friday and the bite was good from 4-6, then slowed way down, not alot of size though. ella should be starting up here pretty soon for a short run.

I enjoy the comments and posts about Elizabeth and Ella...I grew up fishing mainly these two lakes in the winter with my dad, his friends and my grandpa. We had a good run of about 5 years when we would do very well with the crappies on both lakes, but then they just died (this would have been around the early 90's I suppose). Good to hear they are being fished again!

Crappies were small, but I think they are being C&R fairly well in these lakes. Ella is on and off as you probably remember but they're still alive and well, I'll keep you posted Thunder!

Awesome, thanks! I'll be sure to check back to see what's happening.

Does anyone fish Lake Carrie anymore? That was another one we'd hit now and then.

going up to Lizzy today, any action out there???

save your time and just go to diamond, it got really slow out there on lizzy.

lol.

Originally Posted By: slurpie
save your time and just go to diamond, it got really slow out there on lizzy.

watch yourself on diamond I dont see anyone drivin out anymore and the ice was deteriorating fast now this 10 inches of heavy snow and yet snowing,could be iffy around shore.