Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinhole

whats the latest north or south?

9 posts in this topic

has anyone heard if the fishing is any better on the north or south end of the lake? heading up tommorow just checking if jrs or hillmans the route or even westwind thanks ahead for any info

Just got back and used a Spider Johnson house (West Wind). We did very well Sun thur Mon nite till the cold front came in. The color was PINK!!! All walleyes are that 14 to 16 3/4 range. We had to CPR 3 17" 1 19 3/4 and 2 18". Tuesday am we had 1 up to the bottom of the hole and it look about 29 to 30. The minnows had to be DEAD. It was are first trip up there and we had a great time. Spider did a great job and West Wind crew and very nice people.

when are u heading up I am going tomorrow too, gonna be running around in a green portable and red sled or wheeler havent decided which one yet.

I would take the sled and get off the big roads because we where vexler fish at 6' this am. No I just got back from the 4 day it will be a week or two before I can get back up there

We will be on the lake around noon. Will be in a white mini-van with a blue clam 6800. We are thinking about Hllmans access.

I was leaning toward the sled just hadnt got a real good report on snow, I was thinking of going out of hillmans too. is there a good day bite, I am hoping the are on the prowl with the weather coming in on Sat.

I've heard mixed reports on the day bite. We are going to try 5 miles out, if that doesnt work we are going to try the cribs. Has anyone heard anything about the cribs?

I don't know if i'd bother with the cribs. I've fished 'em in the winter, spring and summer to no avail. Trust me, if they were any good there would be a permanent house on top of every one of 'em. You're best off looking for bottom transitions and other subtle structure changes like that. The name of the game is to keep drilling till you find 'em. It might be the 10th hole or the 110th hole. Stay mobile, talk to the outfitter who's landing you use and try to distance yourself from everybody else.

Well said Barbelboy