Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingspade651

Bush Lake

11 posts in this topic

Was thinkin about fishing this lake soon. Never fished it drove by this weekend and there was tons of people out there. Heard of nice crappies there. Fill me in

If it is the bush lake in Bloomington I live about 3 mins away and have only caught about 6 good sized crappies in about 10 years. But if you want some fast northern action hit up the west end in about 5 fow with suckers out by the boat launch. If there were tons of people they were catching small sunfish and bass.

Good luck &tight lines

The boat launch is at the South West end but either end is good for Northern or Muskie. The crappies were in the thick weeds with the sunnies, and then again in about 14' to 18', if you drill a bunch of holes and then move around you can usually get a few good size crappies out of each hole. I'v been fishing that lake for quite a few years and have taken some big crappies out of their. I had a Muskie on that just wouldn't stop until it took all of my 55 lb dacron line off of my tipup and snap! he was on his own, it just never stopped! Back in "98" I saw a guy catch a 52" muskie thru the ice-photo and relesed it- man was that cool! Their is an elderly guy I think his name is Larry that is alway's on the lake that has a red truck and a clear portable ice house he is alway's fishing Northerns. If you see him I would talk to him, he is a realy nice guy and would be more than happy to help.

Now are you guys getting crappies during the day or in the evening?

O am trying to find place to get a few decent crappies during the day.

Go streight out from the cement boat landing head left down the middle of the lake and twards the point on the left 12'to18' fow just befor you get to the point. Their is a weed line that starts to thin out and I found alot of fish their during the day--good luck!-- if you have a camera you will see what I mean. I have been getting them in real shallow too in the thick weeds.

Am I going to be in with a ton of people out there tomorrow? Has it been getting fished like never before? I am hoping the cold weather keeps people at home. Thats why I love the extreme cold. The fish bite decently and everyone stays home.

I don't think it has been getting that much pressure, alot of the people you see are dog walkers or cross country skiers.

anyone deiving out though the swimming beach area?

People are driving thru the swimming area and off of the boat axis only. Be careful of the springs on the North East side to the right of the beach, it has some signs their.

I normally fished from Isaac walton point.

We drove all around the lake today. No issues with the ice. Its very thick. Doing a great job of hiding the fish. The beach area is fine for driving.