Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
patrat78

Need a new scope

patrat78

Looking for a good 4-12 scpope to use on a .300 wthby mag. Somewhere between 2-4 hundred dollars would be nice but might go more to get a good one any tips would be nice.

BigWadeS

I really like the Nikon Buckmasters Series (I like the new BDC Reticle) but I am starting to really like the Cabela's Alaskan Guide scopes, haven't tried one yet, but everything thing I have heard and looked at makes me sway that my next scope purchase will be between these two. They both have great quality and a great price point IMHO for what I would use them for. Happy shopping!

BucksnDucks

Spend the most that ur budget will allow. Never skimp on the optics. I see you already laid down alot dough for the rifle ur gunna be mounting it on so plan on the same thing with the scope! I personally am a Leupold guy and would recommend them to anyone! They make some great optics that are alot more clear than any of the lesser brands out there. Whatever you do, do not buy a scope out of a magazine, get ur butt into the stores and look through each and everyone you plan on buying. It will give you a much better idea on which scope has the clarity and magnifaction your looking for. You didnt mention what game or distance your planning to shoot at, but i would assume whitetails would be the primary target. The 4x12 is a great way to go, I would advice against the 3x9 even though im sure someones gunna chime in and go against that, but I've had both and needless to say the 9 power is just not enuf. I like to be able to see the deer blink as im squeezing off! Good luck with whatever your choice will be, and ur staring off on the rite path!

SnoManX

I just bought a Burris Fulfield II 4.5 x14 for my .223 and I think it is right up there with my Leupold VX-II. You could probably get the Burris Signature (step up)in your price range online. I got mine Fulfield for $265 brand new online, where in store it would have cost me $399.

The Nikon Monarch is also a really nice scope.

EXTREME

I have been impressed with the UCC line of Nikon scopes. Great scope and reasonably priced. I think as clear of glass as a Leupold and 1/3 less money. Like the other guy said...don't skimp on scopes. It is like putting a beat up old saddle on the Kentucky derby winner. I learned my lesson and will buy nothing but quality optics from now on. By the way, the Nikon UCC's are around $400. Good luck!!

harvey lee

I own many different brand scopes and I have been very happy with the Bushnell Elite scopes for the money.

On my .223 I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 Varmint 5-15x50 Adjustable objective. On my 300 mag, I also have a Elite and the scope works just fine with the recoil this gun can deliver. The glass is fine and not much for fogging issues.

Overalll, no problems with either of these scopes. I really think the Leupold line might be overpriced for what you recieve.

ChompChomp_YANK

I have nikon buckmasters 4.5x14x40 on my browning a-bolt .204 for coyotes and prairie dogs, and a leupold vari-x three 3.5x10x40 on my a-bolt 7mm. both of these are very nice scopes and i would highly recomend them good luck

lawdog

This really is a Ford vs. Chevy thing in many regards, but I'll echo LeeHarvey's comments that Leupolds are overpriced. I have one but since that have gone to all Nikons which I feel are a much better buy for the money.

surewood

I agree with the Burris Fulfield got one on my .270 great scope.

patrat78

has anyone tried these new trijicon scopes i have seen them on some hunting shows but i haven't heard anybodys word on them yet.

anyfishwilldo

I have had very good luck with the Nikon Monarch. I own 4 of them and have never had a problem.

bassNspear

im also looking for one. I have a CVA muzzy 50 cal, and looking to see what i should place on it. I was thinking Nikon, but not sure.

anyfishwilldo

You can't hunt in MN with the scope on the smoke pole.

bassNspear

i use mine during slug season and also out west

Harmonica Bear

I'll throw my vote in there for the Burris Fulfield. Quality optic, reasonably priced. Got one on my .280

rowdyf

I own one Nikon Monarch, and two Nikon Prostaff scopes. Been very pleased with their performance. Nikon upgraded the Monarch series last year? but they might be higher priced than $400.

anyfishwilldo

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
i use mine during slug season

I did not know that was legal, I will have to give it a try. I have been itching to put a scope on my triumph.

bassNspear

see thats the thing, as much as a guy like the nikon, man, there so much money. im looking to buy something for around 200-250.

Whats everyone have in mind?

anyfishwilldo

The one thing with optics that I've found is you get exactally what you pay for.

bassNspear

that is true, i understand that, but i believe that i can get a great scope for 250.00.

Am i wrong?

PerchJerker

I almost never hear anyone talk about Swift Optics. Swift is a company that makes instruments like surgical microscopes and marine binoculars. They also make rifle scopes ---- excellent scopes at excellent prices, but not well-known at all.

They are hard to find and you'll probably need to research and order them on-line. I was a die-hard Leupold fan but after getting some really solid recommendations about Swift from some people in the industry I bought one for my last scope. And will probably get another Swift for my next scope.

When compared to the Nikon, Burris, and Bushnell scopes that have been recommended, I think the Swift is brighter, better, and cheaper than any of them. I'd say the Swift compares favorably to the Leupold VX II in performance but is much better in price.

Hope this helps.

anyfishwilldo

Here is a cut from the cabelas catalog:

Nikon™ Omega Muzzleloading Riflescopes Item:XH-712568

$249.99 - $259.99

Right in the ballpark for a Nikon scope created for a muzzy.

bassNspear

thanks for the information. I will have to take a look at these scopes, and see which one will fit my needs the best. Thanks again guys