• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Flickering tow/haul light

Shorelunch

Question

I am an '03 Silverado with auto transmission. For a few weeks now, when I put it in drive, the tow/haul light comes on and off and flickers without me pressing the button on the gear shift. Also, when it comes on, it doesn't turn off when I press the button. I "think" it does affect the transmission and RPMs, especially at lower speeds.

Coincidentally, this started when the temps were -20 degrees. One morning when I started the truck, the gauges didn't come on at all.

Any thoughts?

2 answers to this question

I have an 04 and I know there have been issues with the instrument clusters, don't know about the 03 though. I also know that the wire for the tow/haul can get pinched in the steering column and cause issues. You're right that it affects the shift points in the transmission as it will hold the gear to higher RPMs to help when towing.

Broken wire in the tow/haul switch. We have replaced several

of these in the last few months at our dealership!