Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BGP

Snow on the ground?

5 posts in this topic

We have lake property close to Battle Lake which we have not been up to this winter. Going to be making a trip up this weekend. Was wondering how much snow is on the ground? I want to if I need to bring my snowblower up so we can get up the driveway? I have truck so I can make it through some snow.

Also, how much snow is on the area lakes right now? Will I be good with a wheeler or do I need a snowmobile?

Thanks,

Not much, maybe 6-8" in the woods. We've had some warm spells that melted a lot of the snow and re-froze. If your driveway is prone to having any windblown snowdrifts you may need attention to that, otherwise a 4x4 truck should be able to go thru what is on the ground.

Definitely an ATV on the lakes. The snow is like concrete on the lakes and it's not snowmobile friendly. Not much snow on the lakes I've been on.

Thanks Chuck. Mind if I drop you an e-mail? I have a few questions? If so, please post your e-mail.

Thanks,

Sure, here's my email spelled out... chunord at yahoo dot com

e-mail sent