Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Jeff

Snow conditions, heading up 8-9-10

8 posts in this topic

Deciding wheeler vs. sleds. How much snow is on the ice? I am not sure how much snow will make the wheeler a big pain but its easier that bring 6 sleds when you can just hoo kthe trailer to the bacl of the wheeler. I know getting over some roads might be tough but would be nice to be able to pile on a trailer.

We were just up this weekend and I would say sleds, but depending on how far you're going a wheeler might work. It's all crusted snow, no loose snow so cooling and slide lube may be a problem for your sleds if you're gonna run far. There are some drifts too that are hard so you may have trouble with a wheeler. Its a toss up at best.

I was out from Rogers this weekend with a wheeler and we had no problem getting to spots as far as 2 miles away on wheelers. We didn't get stuck at all, like previously stated watch for the drifts. The only problem we had was our rope tied to the fishhouse kept breaking. This of course will all change if they get snow this week.

Dan

Hey Big Jeff,

Do you fish with a dude named Officer Mike? The guy going around impersonating a cop, but is really a male nurse? If so this is Joe D's brother.

I think he is a radiologist, too bad he can't make it this year. Cant wait to get up there. this is Chris

Either way he probibly makes more $ than me!

Wassup Guys! I didn't know yous were on this site.

I'm bringing my personal stuff (rods, tackle,vex,and I guess my sled)Do you guys need me to bring anything else? (lanteern,auger,food) Lemme know, otherwise I'll see yas Fri.

Oh, any special jigs or colors I'm gonna need?

I think he makes more than the three of us put together. I think we are set, sounds like the colors are red/orange/white. See you Friday!

was there any new snow from the weekend? I was leaning on taking my sled because i am going to be running around with my portable and dont want to driftbust with my 4 wheeler and get it stuck by myself.