• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thoughts of the Game

bassNspear

Well so far, the Pats have played horrible in the 1st half, and they Giants are giving up the ball.

Anyones game so far.

started out a yawn fest, but that last NYG drive will go down in history. What a gutty performance by the Giants.

[PoorWordUsage] off! I absolutely hate New York and Eli. I would've liked to have seen history in the first 19-0 team. Oh well maybe someone will do it in our lifetime.

Originally Posted By: Biff Tannen
Giants defense was outstanding, got pressure on Brady all night.

Your so correct. IF they would have let him sit back in the pocket, the game would have been alot different.

The game was a total sleeper. All except the last Giant drive.

The commercials were pretty lame also in my [PoorWordUsage]. Lots of money for bad commercials.Halftime concert was alright, it got me more fired up than the game. ole

Thought it was a good game. Especially from a defensive standpoint. Commercials were 50/50. Some were great, some were kind of lame.

I thought it was pretty boring until the end, but that sure was a great finish.

I thought NE looked flat and disinterested in the game. NY got lucky with Eli's Hail Mary when he was in the grasp to continue to the drive for the winning TD. Seemed to be the story of their playoffs.

Congrats to the NY fans out there. It appeared that they just wanted it more. NE looked a little flat.

Definately wanted and thought I KNEW the Pats were gonna kill 'em, but Giants came out to play and put heavy pressure on Brady. Boring game until the end, never would have though Eli could pull off a drive to win it at the end but but congrats to them and their fans. Disappointed in the Patriots though, I wanted to see the record happen.

Game ball to the Giant's defensive team.

To hold the Patriot's to 14 point's total for the game, who would have bet on that one!!

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
I thought NE looked flat and disinterested in the game.

I agree. I really think they thought by just stepping on the field the game would be over. The Giants just wanted it more. And what was up with Billichik leaving with 2 seconds on the clock. What a sore loser. He got it handed to him and he should have taken it like a man. He didn't leave games when they were blowing out their opponents.

NE got BEAT. The giants kept pressure on Brady and in doing so kept him from standing back there and picking them apart. Any good HS QB could complete 70% of his passes given enough time.

I thought Belichek was totally classless leaving before it was over.

why did "the greatest coach of our generation" go for it on 4th and 13 with a chance to attempt a 49 yard field goal and possibly go up by 10? or at least kick a punt and play for field position?

Even though I wanted the Giants to win, (saved me $100 from a bet made at our FF draft), Eli still sucks. I thought for sure he was going to blow it on that last drive.

Well things are looking just peachy here in the Windy. I made one of the greatest bets of all time on the game. I had the Giants with the points with the following options: If the Giants covered the spread but did not win the game I would have won half but if they won the game outright I doubled my money, double G! Sweet. Even better was watching that tool, Randy Moss, celebrate after a mediocre touchdown catch after the defender fell down. Moss did nothing that whole game and then to watch him do his "Superman" just really got me geeked!

Then to watch Eli come back and stick it in their collective rears was sweet. The true "Superstar" was David Tyree, after cutting his route short on a failed pass to the sidelines and having Eli yell at him he proceeded to make the greatest catch this 48 year old has ever seen. With the defender in position to make the pick and then to catch the ball and press it to your helmet while going down and having the defender trying to pry your hand from the ball....OUTSTANDING!

Like my Monsters of the Midway in 85 Defense wins ballgames. The best offense is a good defense. They were on Brady all day like white on rice and that defense got a ton of their "ugly" all over Brady's pretty boy face!

Additional bonus: My second favorite team after DA BEARS is the Miami Dolphins, dating back to when I was a lad watching the 72 team go perfect. Their record is still intact as the only perfect season including the Super Bowl.

Did not think much of the commercials either, a few snickers but that's all folks!

Windy

Originally Posted By: B. Amish
why did "the greatest coach of our generation" go for it on 4th and 13 with a chance to attempt a 49 yard field goal and possibly go up by 10? or at least kick a punt and play for field position?

Bingo! I was looking for someone to question that play, and I never heard anyone of the commentators bring it up at all. Hind-site is 20/20 but that play was a big factor. 49 yard field goal is not that great of a risk, but 4th and 13? What were they thinking? I'd feel better taking my chance with field goal on that one.

Batter,

Really showed a lack of confidence in their FG kicker IMO.

And a lack of confidence in their punter's ability to pin the Giants down near their own endzone.

Windy

I thought the Pats' play calling wasn't very good. They weren't able to sustain drives like the Giants.

I didn't think this game was at all boring. I love watching a good defense do their thing, and we got that all night long. Seeing Brady get knocked down that often was a real treat.

Eli was good, yeah, but the D won that game.

I was hoping the Giants win, and they did! No ring for Moss!

T.O., Moss, and Chad Johnson and deserve no ring for their terrible attitudes.

But, the main thing...I won $20 from my father-in-law when I bet the Giants would win the coin toss. And they did!

The best part of the game was watching Brady take hit after hit.

That helmet-in-the-chest sack on 1st down of the Pats desperation last drive was absolutely great.

Nothing against Brady, he's a solid quarterback on a great team, but I really enjoyed watching him take a beating all night after sitting back in the pocket tossing passes all year without ever getting touched.

What was interesting was the fact that the Pats were up 7-3 the majority of the game, but comparing the attitudes of both teams you would have guessed the giants were winning.

See, people talk about how arrogant Mike Martz is, cause he chucks the ball all game. Martz can't hold Belicheck's cup in the arrogance department. N.E. never ran the ball all year, and Maroney is a talented back. Granted he had a poor average because they couldn't bounce him outside. They gave up on the run too early. Pass, pass, pass. Belicheck...wow...what a (you-know-what). Leaving the game with 2 seconds left....all the Patriots walked away pretty much, except guys with class like Brushci and Vrabel. They thought it was their game to win. Who was it that scoffed at the Burress' prediction of the Patriots only scoring 17 points? That would be Mr. GQ, Tom Brady. Guess what stonefoot Tom? 17 would have won or tied you the game tonight! It isn't so easy when a team comes after you and doesn't give you all day to sling the ball around.

I root for the underdogs so when the first Pats team beat the Rams, it was great to see....a bunch of nobodies, they came out as a team for the coin flip, all that cheesey stuff. But this year? Run up the score, run their mouths, think it's in the bag, bad sportsmanship....the list goes on and on.

And the cheating...I just heard this week that supposedly there is evidence the Pats taped the Rams' walk through practices when they won their first Super Bowl...if that's true then stick that asterisk on their records...dissapointing. And then you see the clips of all that after-the-whistle bull, like Seymour punching guys on the pile, and tripping guys, and kicking...that's not gamesmanship, thats just childish...You're the Patriots, people expect better.

Overall its just desserts for the Patriots. Mercury Morris can spout off some more about how the 72 Fins are the only undefeated team for all I care.

Giants stuck with it and won it in the end, and we'll remember it as one of the biggest upsets and a huge collapse by a juggernaut. Everything the Giants needed to do happened....win the coin toss, huge opening drive, never failing pressure on Brady, 3rd down conversions from Eli...tip of the hat to the Giants.

Super bowl commercials were terrible. I could have put something better together with 1.2 million or whatever they get for a 30 second ad. Nothing really laugh out loud funny. Good thing we had a great game to watch.

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter
Well things are looking just peachy here in the Windy. I made one of the greatest bets of all time on the game. I had the Giants with the points with the following options: If the Giants covered the spread but did not win the game I would have won half but if they won the game outright I doubled my money, double G! Sweet.

Wish I was a betting man. I thought the Pats would win, but not by the spread. I'm sure this was one of the worst Super Bowls for Vegas because of that line. Started at 14 and in 2 weeks only drifted down to 12.

Chise,

I got 12.5 and the Super Bowl ads got 3 mill per 30 second spot. Greed is Good, Greed Works!

Gordon Gecko

Windy