Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dstyle

Jan 29 --- 31 report (pics added)

6 posts in this topic

Thanks Jonnyp for a great time fishing. First night we did awesome with some big crappies, awesome walleyes and couple perch. Next day started out good but dwindled from there with only couple of crappies and 3 walleyes and 1 northern. I think the best fishing was when it was -50 degree windchill. We spotted alot of fish and they hammered the bait but as the weather started to warm up the fish were not around. Warming up I mean to - 5 below. The best baits were the big demons glow and Merts Big Cecil in red glow all of them teased with a full minnow. The minnow head thing didn't work for us. I will say the red line with a floru leader did work great for us. I think there's alot fish down there, its just that they're "bullheaded" right now. Anyway thanks to Jonnyp and Kelly and Jim for all the insight on Red Lake fishing. We really enjoyed talking to you guys and hope to see you again.

looscrappieqn4.jpg

wadeswalleyegh3.jpg

peteswalleyesy7.jpg

petecrappiebl9.jpg

Looks like you had a good time up there. those are some nice slabs too.

nice fish guys!

Couldn't help but notice that Scout in the background. How's that work for ya up there?

It worked Ok but not as well as the new Marcum. Marcum was much clearer.

Nice fish, sounded like a great time.