Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

puppy seemss to need less attention?

7 posts in this topic

My lab pup is going on two years old and until recently had to follow me all over. When i was outside and he wasn't he would cry and look out the window until he is let out.

He also wanted a lot of extra attention -- all evening long. He is alone during the day and I can understand this.

Now he seems to want/need less.

Is this like when a child grows up and doesn't need constant attention?

In fact, at night, he will go upstairs and law down when he is tired instead of staying with us.

Is this normal -- it has been many years since our first lab went through this so I have forgotten.

Thanks

Hit

ya my 1 1/2 year old is doing the same thing. though she still loves to get up on my lap.

Totally normal, just gaining a little independence.

I think it is normal. My lab will be 2 in april and he is starting to do some of these things. He still follows me around, to the point I feel bad getting up because he is sleeping. My wife tells me that he will sit at the window for at least two hours when I leave for work until he moves. He is really getting close with my 17 month old daughter. He likes to lay down next to her and run around with her, I guess I am passing the tourch to her! I think this is all normal and the dog is just trying to find his place in the house/family. Good Luck!

Totally normal....enjoy it!!!

Love-in-life --

I see the same thing as well. My wife tells me that he is VERY disappointed if I leave to go fishing without him.