Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody Lubeley

Trout

10 posts in this topic

I havent done any ice fishing for trout and would like to try it out any info is helpful. depth/bait/lures/lakes

thanks

Try the Trout Fourum. If you look through some old posts, I'm sure you'll find some helpful info.

oh alright ill do that thanks

i havnt done much fishing for trout but, but i heard the metro just isnt the place.

It just seems like all the decent Metro trout waters are over fished. Courthouse Pond in Chanhassen apparently have 150 portables on it at the minute winter trout season started. Its nice to know you can get 150 houses on 10 acres. Someone else told me there were over 500 people. I was out there the day after opener and you couldnt go 10 feet with out find a group of holes.

My best recommendation for winter trout head for Grand Marais and check in at Buck's Hardware or the Beaver House.

Try Sqare Lake they are bitin out there, and you don't have to go to far from the access, you do have to buy a park sticker.

Cenaiko in the coon rapids dam park is the same way on trout opener. its an 11 acre lake and there were atleast 100 portables out there. tried the lake twice in the past few weeks. nothin, and only one or two portables out there.

what depth do you usually want to be in when your going for trout?

checkout the BWCA Ely thread there is lots of info on lake trout fishing there. the type of rod and bait and structure. good luck there is nothing like a laker on!

Watched a fishing show on trout fishing this morning.these guys were catching 8 to 10 plus pounders like you would catch perch on your favorite perch pond. 10 pounders are a average with 20 plus possable. the fish were mostly browns with some steelhead. i just did a little research on that area and found out why. theres warmer water and some plant discharge in this harbor that keep lots of shad and other bait fish in there so these big trout just hang in there and eat all winter long. its the Milwaukee harbor on lake MI in WI. About the same distance as the boundry waters or Ely from the twin cities. IM SOLD plent of shore or pier fishing spots.ice fishing an boat