Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wallmaster

Minnetonka

5 posts in this topic

Think I might try Tonka this Sat. haven't heard much lately from that lake--anybody anybody?--I'ts going to warm up a little, might try out by Big Island and poke around their for while or I am up for any suggetions ...Thanks

I have always done better on Minnetonka during the week. Seems that the weekends get busy and the fish hide. I have been having some walleye luck in 32' during the week.

Thanks Randalt, you are right but Sat. is the only day this week I can go, I love going during the week when hardly nobody is around. I still have some Emerald shiners left that I will try. I think I will try these sent tablets I forgot I had. I bought them at the icefishing show that was at the Excel center a while ago, shrimp, shad and smelt. I got a little container that they came with you put them in that acts like a slip bobber with holes in it and disolve slowly in the water. We will give it a shot for yucks and see how that goes too!, maybe the perch will like that...WM

Made it out last night from 5-8.

11 Crappies (biggest 10" most 7-8")

1 Walleye - 13"

All still swimming.

Fished on the weedline in 18' and had action the entire time. Me catching them is another story. Walleye hit about 7 on bobber rod with Rainbow minnow. All the crappies were on a jigging spoon with crappie minnow head or waxies. Ice looked like 2 feet thick!

Thanks EBass great info!..