Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reelemin

Boilerguy / anyone

18 posts in this topic

Hopeing to get back down to Sara, maybe fri feb 15th. Hows the bite been. And boiler dude if you want to meet me there thats cool. \:\)

I'm thinking I'll be over there Saturday and Sunday this weekend if I ever hear back from Chad or Eric. I'll be sure to post a report if I go.

thanks TO

Sorry gang, I was away all day.

TO, iffin you plan on coming this way this weekend, drop me an e-mail.

Feb 15 weekend I have no plans. Tomorrow I'll check to see if I'm on call and let you know what's up. If I'm not on call I'm groovy for some fishing!!

Josh an myself will be up there on the 10th, Sunday for a day of fishing. Hope we have some luck, maybe we will see ya on the hardwater.

TO, I have 6 guys out tonight fishing and getting another report. I got one last night but want to hear tonights, I will let you know as soon as I hear back. But email Boilerdude. I will call you later.

Those poor walleyes. If anyone wants to make a trip to Palm Beach this weekend thats probably where Ill be unless there is something else planned. You can email or call if you need some or want some input on this weekend.

PP, I will give you a call in a minute!

Do they have good ice in Palm Beach!

Skeeter, it would be nice to see you guys again. However, I'll be at Mille Lacs with the family that weekend.

The perch bite is going nicely on Sarah. Same basic location we caught fish during the get together. The real trick is to walk in a line, drilling holes. Drill about 20 or so yards apart. Drill a BUNCH of holes. Go back to the first hole and fish it for about 5 minutes or so. If nothing happening, move downt the line. When you are on fish hang out and fisht them. Remember Sarah has no holding structure so even if on fish, you may not be on them for long. If the bite slows, move again. Don't forget how clear the water is. The fish are pretty skittish. Try not to bang stuff around. Tapping my foot on the ice makes the fish disappear. However, when not catching fish, having my son run around tapping the ice about 20 feet away, or drilling holes farther away has attracted the perch to me.

For vertical lures I've had best luck with Glow Demons and Rattling Varmits. Blue and white, red and white, green and white, and just plain white. Tip with whole minnow, minnow head, or waxies. Dead sticking with a red hook and fathead has done decent also.

I've also heard of crappies being caught in the area Reelemin was fishing.

Good luck to yous guys. Lets see some pictures when you're done.

Originally Posted By: SKEETER-B
Do they have good ice in Palm Beach!

There was about 20" when I was there last weekend.

You can plan on me heading that direction.

Are you going to be around?

I won't be on Sarah this weekend. I'll be on a different lake. Putting my perm house out on it tomorrow if all goes well.

TO-Didja get my e-mail?

I got it. I just left a message on your cell phone to call me back.

Thanks.

shoot me an email with a game plan or give me a call some time later. Ive got class tonight but I should be able to answer as long as its after 7.

I sent you an e-mail from my home address.

I think I would rather be in Mille Lacs with you, but will give it a good try anyways. Thanks for the tips, good to talk to you again, call anytime. Hope the cold ones went all right.

Cold ones are always wonderful. I'll definately give a report when I have one.

Good luck to yous guys!!!