Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bdafisher

Christmas Lake?

bdafisher

Hey everyone this site is great.

I am fairly new to the sport, and was gonna take my wife and my little daughter out this weekend. Was wondering if you guys had any pointers for Christmas lake, or even a good starting point on Minnetonka. We usually go south of the cities because I am a little more familiar with those lakes, but I live in Bloomington and would like to go somewhere a little closer. Any type of fish would be great, love pike and pannies.

Thanks

Wookiee

Welcome to FM! Drop me an email and I will help you out with both lakes. My email is in my profile.

schr0563

If you're bringing the wife and daughter along I would definitely choose Tonka over Christmas. There is great fishing to be had in Christmas, but it takes more patience and skill than your average lake. Since you will most likely be looking for a place with constant action, I am sure that someone can offer up a great community spot on Tonka that will entertain your whole family. Unfortunately, my time on Tonka is spent chasing walleyes and I have nothing consistent enough to be helpful.

fishingforester

I have had an easy time catching pannies on Gray's Bay in the past, just find a weedline and you should be in business. No guarantee on size, but should provide the action that is important to youngsters. Was on Black Lake (part of Tonka) last Saturday and caught a pile of sunnies and half a dozen small crappies. Marked fish at a number of depths, did most fishing in ~15-17 FOW.

Good luck!

bdafisher

Thanks for all the info guys, tried both Seton and Black. Caught fish on both. We had a blast.

Wookiee

Glad to hear it!