Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
harvey lee

.223 loads

harvey lee

I'm looking to purchase some 223 loads for this rifle for yotes and fox. I would like a load that is fast, flat shooting and will be able to do the 300 yards shots.

Remington 700 SPS varmit.

brand and bullet weight would be great.

Rost

Harvey,

For factory loads, you simply can't beat Black Hills ammo. Try the 55 grain soft points or the 52 gr HPBT. They now run around $24/ box of 50 rounds.

Tom7227

I was at Gander in Woodbury last Friday and couldn't find any 223 loads at all. I've read that they're sparse everywhere.

HC Eye Hunter

If you are after accuracy a lot depends on the gun barrel rate of twist. If you have a slow rate of twist such as a 1 in 10 or slower the rifle should like lighter bullets from 55 gr. or lighter. If you have a 1 in 8 or a 1 in 9 twist, the gun generally will like heavier bullets from 55 gr and up. I would test the different rounds to see what works best.

Speed is nice, but good accuracy is better.

roosterslayer

I really like the black hills 50 grain vmax. shoots great out of my CZ with a 1 to 12 twist.

smnduck

Black hills are tough to beat. Try the differant loads and see what your gun likes.

Cooter

Good question posted above, what is the rate of twist in that Rem?

harvey lee

1-12

picksbigwagon

Harvey, I have an ar15 with a 1:9 twist and it has shot everything from 50-60 grains pills really well. Hornady vmax 55 grainers are what I am using right now, both factory hornady and ones that I roll myself. I also have so 60 grain vmax that I need to shoot and sight in. Hornday makes a really nice bullet, it is all I shoot.

I noticed fleet farm had the 55 gr. vmax hornady's for 15 bucks a box of 20, which is 10 bucks less than gander across the highway.

Black hills makes really good ammo as well, and is reloaded with vmax as well as other manufacturers a bullets.

harvey lee

I purchased some Black Hills ammo in 55 grain and also some 52 grain. Now, I need to do some test firing to see which bullets will perform the best.

picksbigwagon

that sounds like a lot of hard work Harvey