Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

Metro Spearing Lakes

6 posts in this topic

Just wondered what are some good lakes to spear in around the cities. I will be moving to north Minnapolis pretty soon so was wondering what are some good lake in the region, might try to take up spearing this year still. Thanks

what part are you moving to?

Just South of Columbia Hights

im not sure on what are some good lake up there.Big Marine is a good lake for numbers if your looking for that

There's an absolute carp slaughter going on at Lake Fremont up in Zimmerman right now. The lake is going through a winterkill and when it's warmer there's an open area where the carp stack up. All sorts of people are down there spearing them and I've heard of some down there arrowing one.

A student at Zimmerman High School said he shot an arrow at one and hooked two of them they are so thick. If they are still around when it warms up again you might head up there and check it out. Talk with the guys at Tales and Trails on 169 on the way for details.

I had great luck on little long lake. Nice clear water, but no big fish. All the fish that i have seen are under 28