Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CC Rocks

Crappie Highway

12 posts in this topic

A week or so ago, you guys opened up the "Crappie Highway" at the 6.5 mile mark. How has it been? Are they seeing any action on it? Has it lead to the "promised land"?

we fished the crappie hwy on jan 18th-20th it was cold. we landed about 25 eyes, 8 perch, 1 36-38inch northern and 2 crappies 14.25 and 13.25. good luck

how far down did you go? How far is it to the end?

1/4 mile down from the main road. i think it is 3.5 mile to the NW

There are now 2 roads angling NW. One at 5.3 miles where the pressure ridge is going to form and the other at 6.5. So far nothing great, just a trickle of crappies but our hopes are high. cool.gif

Are there a lot of people out there? Is the fishing day to day or is it pretty consitent? Thanks Kelly

Not a lot of people, no crowds. Everybody has been spreading out real good. Fishing has been day to day.

Does Waskish minnow station put there sleepers by crappie hwy at all?

I would say that they are pretty much the ones who came up with the whole crappie highway idea, so I would guess yes!

We run 4 plows so we go pretty much where ever we want and are constantly moving.

And rumor has it, he's gonna write a book about it. ;\)

Originally Posted By: kelly-p
constantly moving.

Thats for sure, a fellow today commented on how easy my Jiffy starts, I told him - "It just doesn't get a chance to cool off." ;\)