Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigbak32

Hill Lake and Splithand

9 posts in this topic

Are either of these lakes producing good fishing this winter? Looking to swing into one for a late afternoon run. Basically looking for some crappie action. Hill can be hit and miss from my experiences and I have never been on Splithand. Any info on either would be appreciated.

fished split a lot during early ice. crappies were hitting good lots of 10-12" fish. went out there twice last week and couldn't catch one over 10.25" but always seemed to be a good bight the hour before dark.

heard hill was decent last week with lots of decent fish

Jason

anyone catching walleyes on Hill?

mostly crappies on hill

Jason

any size to them?

I have heard they are ok 10-11 inches

Jason

Is this the Hill Lake in Hill City??

yes that would be the one