Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outdoorav

any new reports

5 posts in this topic

we will be up thursday night to fish the weekend. any good reports from the past weekend. thank you

Had a good weekend. Went out of High Banks. Went N.W. about 5 miles off shore. Found 30 f.o.w adjacent to structure that came up to 20 f.o.w Fished the 30' depth and did pretty well didn't get set up and fishing untill 1:00 Saturday but had steady bite from 2:00 untill sundown. Sunday at the same spot was a bit slower but still enough action to keep us on the spot without moving.3 of us fishing took home about 3 perch shy of 2 limits. mostly 10-11 inch fish. Caught many 8- 9 inchers but released most all of them. Not to many smaller ones this time. More 8- 9 inch fish than anything. Spent the 2 nights on the lake. Saturday night was awesome on the ice clear night. For anyone who has been there knows what I talking about. Had a nice walleye up to the bottom of the hole. around 8:00 pm but never got it up threw the hole. Had a first timer with and tried to force it up threw the hole. It hit the bottom of the ice and in a flash of gold it was gone. High Banks has a great road system in place and with a 4 wheel drive truck and a shovel you should be able to get off the road enough to look for fish. Be cautious there is still some spoty areas of slush out there. found 17" of clear ice. Good luck.

sounds like a good time. walleyes, did you get any keepers. good report thank you. mille lacs was BAD.

We went out of Highbanks as well. Fished all day Saturday anywhere from 18-14' fow. Lot of perch and a lot more sorting this time for us compared to last time we were out... couple small walleyes during the day and then a few keepers and 1 slot fish towards dark. We had luck on the tip ups as well, so that might be worth a shot. Ya that clear night saturday was pretty sweet I know exactly what your talkn about Fishn addict!!

Outdoorav, No walleyes other than the one miss afterdark. I have a hard time moving up onto the 20' around sundown and it only 200' away. I'm sure if I moved up to the top where it starts to break into the 30' around sundown or morning we would pick up a few walleyes. I'm really out there to fish for perch and they bite good right up untill it gets dark. This weekend we even caught a few 10" perch after dark. When the sun goes down on Winnie I'm starting supper putting in a movie and sipping on my favorite beverage of choice. We do pick up a stray walleye once in awhile in 30' of water. but we've never had one in the slot limit. I ice fish hard but on Winnie I go for perch. I'll run up to Red Lake for the walleye action but I content catching nice perch. Plus I feel there better eating.