Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tims

Friday 1-25-06

8 posts in this topic

Put in a 12 hour shift on the icce 9 am-9pm. Started out at Tetonka and fished a couple hours. Iced a few nice gills but the bite was slow. I started thinking if I hit some less pressured lakes the fishing would be better.

Packed up and headed to Cedar, fished 20-25 ft and found the crappies stacked on the Marcum. Would catch a few out of each hole then would have to move to some new fish to keep them biting. Lots of fish but they were all 6 inchers.

Headed to Horseshoe to try and tangle with some of the slabs I here so much about. Again i got lots of crappies but all 6 inchers.

Frusterated, I stopped at Roberds on the way home hoping to catch a decent crappie. Fished from 8-9. Again lots of activity on the flasher. My moving finally paid off and I caught the largest crappie of the day. A whopping 9 incher! I think I counted about 38,000 houses out there, simply amazing sight to behold.

In hindsight I should have just stayed on Tetonka and searched out the fish. Lesson learned. Now that im working the rest of the weekend im sure the bite will turn on.

Thanks for the report, at least you had some action.

I found a few nice perch on tetonka, but no gills. I drilled a ton of holes, moved often.

There is nothing like placing the big house in a prime spot for the evening run and not getting a bit all night. I swear I am going to sell everything soon. \:\(

Originally Posted By: hawkeye43
I found a few nice perch on tetonka, but no gills. I drilled a ton of holes, moved often.

There is nothing like placing the big house in a prime spot for the evening run and not getting a bit all night. I swear I am going to sell everything soon. \:\(

And be like me rebuying everything a few years later for double the cost,

hawkeye we are going to have to hook up one of these weekends. Did you have a good fall? I'm heading to lake of the woods in two weeks.

Headed out this morning with KMR85 in search for some pannies. Ended up going to madison, and after a while the bite was on. First of there was a ton of houses out there so finding a place away from them was hard to do. Our first choice away from the houses was a bust, after swiss cheesing the ice in 22'-24' of water and not marking a fish it was time for a quick move. We again chose a spot away from the crowds and marked a few fish in 22'-28' adjacent to a steep drop off. We got a small perch and two crappies, we were just about to move when we iced two big crappies. The biggest was all of 13". We decided to stick it out to see how things panned out, and they did. The fish moved in and were stacked on the bottom 8'. There was a lot of sorting to do, but it kept things interesting and fast. All and all a good day on the lake

Very nice Phil! Glad it worked out for you there.

And be like me rebuying everything a few years later for double the cost,