Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NAGORSKI

Pine trees on WBL

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what's up with the pine trees on the ice by Ramsey beach? I just drove by and saw them, it looks like a christmas tree lot on the ice!

Someone trying to create structure once the ice melts, which is illegal.

why would they do that now?if they really want to do that it would make more sense to do it later in the year and someone will probably move them.

Probably didn't want to pay to get rid of their tree or like said trying to build structure. Hopefully someone pulls them off as it's illegal to do that.

Wouldnt the trees float though?

It wouldn't be someone trying to create structure because they are doing it durring the day and there is about 50 of them. they may be creating stucture with permission from the DNR. It's kind of wierd because its only about 3' deep for a couple hundred yard in that area. Im sure it's not some guy trying to make stucture so obviosly like that.

I just drove by there tonight and there are some big tents set up there??? Anyone know what thats all about???

Sounds like a party!

That sounds really weird. Are they doing something for a fishing tournament? It also sounds like they could be making a ice rink and have the trees surrounding it?

From the White Bear Press, "The Bearly Open Golf Tournament benefit for the White Bear Food Shelf is 10am Saturady Jan. 26th" They are going to set up 2 nine hole courses. It's part of the winter carnival.

Man, I was going out there tomorrow! You put up with jetskiers all summer and now golfers in the winter!!!!!

Just kidding I hope raise a lot of cash for the food shelf. But if a Titlelist #3 dings my truck......

Hey guys if you are out there tomorrow its only thirty bucks and it is for a good cause. Also the holes are sponsored by local businesses. My buddies liquor store will be out there serving refreshments.

I'm ok with it as long as they don't start hauling sand out there for bunkers... grin.gif