Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JIMBO55428

medicine lake

12 posts in this topic

Time to start a new post for medicine lake, how has the fishing been doing in the past week, I have not been out in a little over a week. Im heading out on Saturday to give it a try. good luck to all and fish on!

Crappie fishing has been picking up a bit over the past week for us. Actually getting into some size now.

By us do you mean me?

I was thinking about heading over there as well this weekend. Have you been finding better size of the crappies on the east or the west side?

We haven't tired the west side at all, we're set up on the east side.

Iwas on the sw end. Lots of small sunnies. I small [PoorWordUsage]. I did see something interesting. I was sitting there and I noticed my vex move in the hole. I figured it was a northern, so I looked. Here was this huge Bowfin!!! It was just checking out my equipment make sure it was working right or something. I caught a couple of those out bass fishing one trip. I know they are rough fish, but I will say, the two I caught put up a real nice fight.

they do that from time to time. I had one do that to me on a Sippi backwater spot. Dogfish fight real hard. I used to hate them but now kinda like them. Especially those bigguns. When they spawn the males have elec blue fins. If I see one I'll try to get it to bite, but would rather catch a bass or walter.

was this bowfin on Medicine lake in plymouth?

I believe that's the Medicine. AKA the MEDSEA

I was out tonight. Had a rough go of it. Marked a ton of fish, but only landed 2 Crappies. I tossed what I had at them. Did anyone else experience the same? We were in 26' in the 2nd group of houses North of Harty's.

I was also in the 2nd group, yeah pretty slow fishing, lots of very small crappies, 1 small walter, and perch. did not help much with all the activity out there, sleds, 4 wheelers, dirt bikes, but oh well it was fun and they were haviving fun on their machines.

I was out of French Park amongst the city of houses yesterday. Saw a lot of crappies on the camera, but only got perch to bite. Was in about 32fow. Moved up to 19 with no luck either.