Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
PiKeGuY101

Red Rock In Eden Prairie

PiKeGuY101

Anybody have any updates on red rock? I'm going out tommarow morning about 7 or so witha buddy from work... How thick is the ice now? Any tips or updates would be greatly appreciated as this will be my buddys first time out on this lake!

Squirtis

Hey PikeGuy,

I haven't been out there since the week between Xmas and New Years, but when I was, I drove my pickup out there on 15", so I would assume by now it may be approaching 2'. I usually hit the SE side of the hole in the main part of the lake and try about 7FOW. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Curtis

Quetico

I've heard good reports from guys who fish it regularly. I talked with a guy who ranted about it after I showed him a few spots on Minnewashta. The lake is very shallow. Two holes that drop to more than 10'. Take waxies and small iceflys.

Hopefully I will be out there Saturday or Sunday. If you see a silver F150 FX4 and trap Yukon, come on over and say hi.

Good luck and keep us posted.

PiKeGuY101

On Friday morning we caught about 50 sunfish, cept about 20 keepers and missed one real nice lg. mouth but we got to see the whole thing on the camera! Also we drove out and found about 2' of good clear ice! Still trying to find the crappie out there, anybody have any tip??? Thanks and we'll see ya out there!

Quetico

I'll be out there all afternoon. Gettin a late start today but hopefully you'll see my silver FX4 out there by noon. I'll touch back later and let you know.

I do plan on searching around for awhile till i find what I'm looking for. No reason to sit on dead water. With pans during the day always stay on the move till you find active fish.

Quetico

After going out there today I am done fishing sunnies for the season I think. Too many. I went searching for crappies with no

luck. The sunnies are everywhere. Everyone seemed to be getting more sunnies then they could handle.

PiKeGuY101

Thinking about braving the cold tommarow morning and looking for some crappies out there, talked to a buddy yesterday and he said he found some but couldn't get them to bite. I will be talking with him to see if I can steal his spot and show him hos its done-haha... Anyway if anyone is out there feel free to stop in and say hi, I'm in a clam 2000 w/ a silver ranger.