Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mallatrout

Ottertail Bite

11 posts in this topic

Just wondering how the bite was up there? Were going to be takin the sleeper up for the weekend. We have a couple spots marked on the gps from last year we did pretty good,but we'll see.Mille lacs has been really bad latley for the most part, the walleyes have lock-jaw. Anybody know were are the fish biting up there? Is there any bar/resorts on the lake were you can get a bite and some drinks in the evening?

Okey we know the fish are bitting up there, some buddys were up there two weeks ago and did very well. Just wondering where some good resorts are and a good place to have a bit to eat after fishing.

A really good place to eat is on Hwy 78 going towards Perham. I think it is a sports bar, but can't remember the name. Great burgers and they serve Grain Belt. I am not sure, but I don't think any of the resorts have restaurants. If you were looking for a place to stay, Barkey's Resort has a good reputation. There is always Thumper Pond which is just east of 78 and 108. Good Luck Fishing.

playtime is the name of the sports bar on hwy 78

Barky's as mentioned is excellent. The bait shop is right across the street as well.

For good eats, Rumour's in Amor is good, and the Otter in Ottertail City has great steaks. On Saturday's, the Legion in Underwood has a big prime rib sandwhich and fries for about 8 bucks.

Gissert,

You seem to know all the places to eat. When do you find time to fish? If your retired, like me, the answer is, "any time I want to".

Mav

Mav,

That's pretty funny! Almost like you know me, LOL! I got plenty of ice time in last weekend. What great weather!

Born and raised here, I am, so the places I mention I have been going to for years. Not retired yet. I probably still have a couple of decades of work in front of me.

We (my wife and I) try to spend our money on fuel, food, and most items locally.

Hey Gissert,

I may come up in mid-Feb and knock down the rest of my trees. My hockey team only has one practice that weekend so if the weather is nice my dad and I may buzz on up. Otherwise I'll wait until March and maybe we could hit another 60 degree weekend like last year.

I saw the food places and I thought I'd throw in Lenny's just North of Underwood. Good Prime Rib sandwhich there as well.

Is Lenny's still open?

Maybe it's closed now. It really didn't have the greatest location, kinda out in the middle of everything.

I hope not because every time I ate there I thought the food was very good.

As far as I know Lenny's is still open.