Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jkelly1311

Any recent reports?

4 posts in this topic

I noticed the weekend bite was slow to most. Im heading up Thursday and was seeing if anyone here has fished red at all this week? Will probably be heading out of Hillmas but any reports would be appreciated.

Yes the bite has been slow although anglers working for it are still picking up a few crappies and limits of walleye. Once this cold front, pressure who knows what hit these fish it has been a tough bite. I myself have been skunked three nights in a row on scouting missions. Way I look at it it has to only get better.

Fishing here on the South shore has been slow for most with a few crappies here and there, what I see here is way to many fishermen are heading out to the middle of the lake and passing up a lot of good fishing opportunities. There still are quite a few walleyes left unmolested in water just 10 feet or less here on the south shore, we just need a few individuals to break away from the mob mentality and start searching closer to shore.

Just My Opinion…

Spent two days in a house from John and Kelly. 1st day was tough but second day provided about 18 walleye with most out of the slot. I could mark some fish about 1 ft off the bottom but when you tried to move to them they would scare off. I caught my personal best Gator and will try to post pic. Fish were there, just tight lipped!!