Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalleyeChaser

Cove Road Landing?

2 posts in this topic

Does anybody use this landing or fish this part of the river during the hard water season or is to dangerous to go out there? Thought about going out there a couple times but never have. If so where is the safest ice located and what areas should i be sure of to avoid? Thanks

I ventured out there last year and drilled not to far off the landing.There was around fifteen inches of ice there and at that time,there was twenty inches in the Bayport area.I think the difference in ice was due to the fact that snow had kind of built up from blowing down that way.There is not alot of current over there to my knowledge except around the Catfish bar area since lake St Croix flows into that neckdown.I wouldnt be afraid to take a wheeler out along the Wisconsin side all the way up to the humps out from the scout camp,but alas I have no wheeler.There are endless areas to fish there and lots of untapped potential.