Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

waska spearing

9 posts in this topic

any thoughts on a good place to set up a spearhouse on waska. maybe in the little bay south of dnr acess or along the shoreline on the hwy between glenwood and starbuck?

I would try the Starbuck end. Get on the inside of the submerged weedline in 8-10 of water. Good luck, it sounds like the temperature will moderate for the weekend.

waska is too murky for me

I tried it this winter and just got frustrated

waska,when did you try it. i was told the other day that people fishing sunnies were seeing yhe bottom in 15 ft. of water.never speared it before but seen some slimers come up to hook. short and fat!

I was in 19ft over the weekend and could see our shiners swimming on the bottom. I think it depends on where you set up. I've heard the Glenwood side was real murky earlier in the season, not sure anymore.

Did you watch the fish bite your shiners then? that would be a site to see?

Clarity shouldn't be an issue between Glenwood and Starbuck, I could see down 18 feet last weekend in that area.

thanks for the info gopher nation.

hhguide, unfortunately we didn't have much of a day bite - so no seeing the fish take our bait. They only came through after dark.