Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishOn!

burntside bash!

9 posts in this topic

Wow! Im very new, but I'm going north to eveleth this weekend and I cant stop considering the extra hour drive to ely! Sounds like a great time! Lake trout are basically the only species in Minnesota that I havent caught. At least that I have interest in catching anyway! They sound like so much fun! And I can already tell I will be hooked on this site for ever, so it would be nice to meet some of you folks!

Welcome to FM (if you haven't been welcomed already)! This will be my first Bash as well, but know a lot of the guys and gals that will be attending. If you're looking for a fun time with a lot of great outdoors men/women, take the drive and say hi! We'll be on channel 7 (radios) if you get to Van Vac and want to find everyone.

Check out the thread titled FINAL DETAILS. It has everything you need to know. Not only is it a great get-together to meet and fish, this years Bash is also for a great cause.

Come on up and say HI. Its not that much farther and you will find tons of nice people willing to help you get on some fish and some great conversation. We'd love to have ya!

Oh yeah and welcome to FM, my personal addiction.

Well thank you! I am really considering it! Wow will that be winging it! the plan is thrown together but it would be a ton of fun im sure! Does anyone know are there typically alot of fish caught? With all the extra traffic on the lake?

FishOn, welcome! grin.gif

Some Bashes a lot of fish are caught, sometimes not. It just depends on how the fish feel that day.

There's a fair amount of traffic right around HQ, but there's also decent walk-to fishing right near there, and quite a few people catch fish after they spread out along the south shore near the Van Van landing.

But the added pressure doesn't hurt the fishing much. Most Bashers snowmobile or ATV to other locations to fish and then came back to HQ in mid afternoon for the food, fellowship and prize drawings.

Largest fish estimated at the bash was about 13-14 pounds. Largest actually weighed was just over 12. Last year's biggest was about 12, with good numbers of smaller fish thrown in.

As Steve said, the increased traffic isn't all that much and once everyone gets out to fishing grounds they're spread out. Even being on the Fun Run weekend we really don't see much in snowmobile traffic on the lake from that.

Also, the snowmobile trail is quite far out into the middle of Van Vac Bay this year. In past years it's run pretty close to HQ, but it won't be close to us this time.

Just a heads up. Radios wont do ya any good unless your within a mile or less of the person you want to talk to. I recomend getting cel phone numbers of a few people in case you need help on the ice. Last few years the radios were only good with people you were in pretty good site of.

Thanks for the info guys! Im getting excited! Being that i havent known about it long, my excitement is probably shorter lived than all of yours! I believe the weather is really going to warm up this weekend, which should make things a bit more comfortable. Hopefully my walleye gear will hold up if im lucky enough to get into a fish!